David Thompson Graduating Class of 2023 In-School Scholarship Opportunities:
The application opens at 9am on Mar 10.
This is the link: https://forms.office.com/r/QNy3MFyu4U
To qualify, grade 12 students must:
- Have a minimum of seven (7) grade 12 courses taken at David Thompson during the regular school year
- Semester 2, your mid-semester marks will be used to calculate your average
- Not have any “I” Incomplete marks for any of their grade 12 courses (completed or in progress)
The application deadline is Friday, April 7th, 2023 at 4pm. No late submissions will be accepted.
David Thompson Scholarship Questions 2023.pdf is available to help you with your application.
David Thompson District Scholarships - $1,250
The District Scholarship process involves an application from the candidates and a selection committee of David Thompson teachers.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023: Information session in the auditorium at 11:45am. Application and instructions are below.
- Friday, April 21, 2023: Applications (hard copy, not digital) are due in the school office in the tray labelled 'District Scholarships' by 4pm.
- By August 31, 2023: Successful nominees will be notified.
Click here to download the application.
Students can apply in more than one category. If you are applying in more than one category, you need to submit a separate application for each category.
There are seven areas of scholarships:
- Indigenous Languages and Culture (demonstrated at school or in the community)
- Fine Arts (Music, Drama, Dance, Visual Art)
- Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies (Business Ed, Home Economics, Technology, Information Communication Technology, Media Arts, Tourism)
- Physical Activity (Athletics, Fitness, Outdoor Education, not limited to Physical Education)
- International Languages (from the International Languages Curriculum or External Assessments, including AP courses)
- Community Service (volunteer activity), which includes awareness of local, global, and cultural issues
- Technical and Trades Training (Woodwork, Auto, Robotics, Mechanics, Cook Training, Culinary Arts, Coding)
Download and fill out the application form. Once complete, print it and submit the hard copy to the office by Friday, April 21st at 4pm. There will be a tray labeled 'District Scholarships.'
David Thompson Scholarships:
The following scholarships are generously provided by David Thompson Alumni. The application process is active and in process. Please click on the links and read the instructions carefully.
Lydia Co Scholarships 2023.pdf
Afreen Ahmed Memorial Prize.pdf
Cheung Family Scholarship 2023.pdf
DreamS Bring Art Award, Criteria and Application.pdf
David Thompson Parent Advisory Committee Trades/Performing Arts/Vocational Studies Scholarship
This scholarship is given to a student who has spent his/her senior years at David Thompson Secondary School. He/she has achieved outstanding achievements in a VSB approved program trades, performing arts and/or vocational studies (e.g. culinary arts, automotive, carpentry, photography, jewellery making, graphic design, animation, computer programing, music, film studies, etc) and plan to pursue further education in that area.
- Please complete the application and submit it to the main office or email it to email@example.com
- The application is due by Friday, May 1st at 4pm.
- The application form is at the bottom of the page (DT-Trades-Scholarship 2023.dox)
More Scholarship Information:
Additional information on scholarships can be found as follows:
- Foster Children Bursary
- Use this link to access information and the application,