SQ3R and Note Taking
The goal is to encourage students to use:
- the Cornell two-column note format. (Note: Teachers will introduce / review / reinforce the two-column note taking format by modeling it with chapters from the subject textbooks.)
- the SQ3R (Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review) technique to identify important information.
This section of the Titan Learning Strategies binder includes:
- SQ3R_A_Study_Method.pdf - SQ3R overview and lesson package from Killarney Secondary School's Study Skills book
- SQ3R_Handout.pdf - student handout for SQ3R (From Windermere's Student Handbook)
- Using_Your_Textbook_Handout.pdf - student handout for previewing textbooks (From Windermere's Study Skills Book)
- Textbook_Warmup.pdf - Pre-reading activity for textbooks to prepare for note taking
- "Unit Three: Cornell Notes" (pp. 21 - 39) in Strategies for Success: Teachers' Guide
- Format_For_2Colmun_Notes.pdf - Lesson on how to teach two-column note taking.
(From Killarney Secondary School's Study Skills book)
- Note_Card_Format_SAMPLE.pdf - Note taking using index cards
- Graphic Organizers & Templates: