Literary Studies 11
Literary Studies 11 Course Overview
The exploration of text and story deepens our understanding
People understand text differently depending
Texts are socially, culturally, geographically, and historically constructed.
Language shapes ideas and influences others.
Questioning what we hear, read, and view contributes
Literary Studies 11 is a 4-credit course that counts towards your graduation portfolio in BC (British Columbia) high schools. It has been created to better prepare you to succeed with essay writing, critical analysis of literature, and comprehension of different genres and forms of writing. In this course you will be asked to define, explain, rationalize, critique, discuss, analyze, and summarize many readings from contemporary to long-established English texts. In addition, students will represent knowledge using multi modal methods such as video and visual presentations of information.
Where does this course fit?
- Prerequisite: Completion of a Grade 10 English Language Arts course
- Graduation Status: One of the Grade 11 English Language Arts Options required for graduation
- Follow-up courses include English Studies 12 or English First Peoples 12
- Note: Literary Studies 12 does not count towards the mandatory English 12 prerequisites for graduation in BC secondary schools, but only towards grade 12 elective credits
- It is strongly recommended you use a laptop or desktop computer running Windows, Word, and PowerPoint. Audio and recording capability for some of the assignments is mandatory.
Video Games and Visual Literacy
The modern play
Assessment Percentage Breakdown
Percentage of the Course
You have up to a year to complete your course.