Wondering if online learning might be a good option for your child? Our online classes are ideal for students with a wide range of needs.
As a parent/guardian of a student, you have direct access to your child's course marks and report cards. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the appropriate teacher, counsellor or administrator. For staff and faculty contact details, see: Staff Contacts.
What is the Parent Advisory Council (PAC)?
A PAC is the collective voice of parents for their school community. They are a forum to discuss matters affecting your school and the education of your children. Parents’ voices are a tremendous value to their school. They offer a wealth of ideas and support in the challenges that face all public schools.
PACs strive to represent the diversity within their communities and contribute to the benefit of all students by providing opportunities to educate and inform parents about the school, involving parents in volunteer activities, and openly discussing parents' concerns and aspirations for their schools.
With strong participation from parents, PACs can have an important influence on life at the school and the feelings the community has toward the school and education.
When and where are PAC meetings held?
At the moment, all VLN PAC meetings are held via video call. Notice of meetings are sent by email to all parent email addresses provided during their child’s VLN registration. Minutes of the meetings can be found below.
Who can attend PAC meetings?
Meetings are open to all VLN parents, guardians, and staff.
What happens at PAC meetings?
Meetings are held to discuss school issues, support school programs, and plan special events for students and families. Each meeting includes reports from the Chairperson, Treasurer and Principal.
VLN PAC Executives 2022-2023
- Acting President – Julienne Hills
- Treasurer – Amy Zhou
- Acting Secretary – Julia Rubin
- Vice President – vacancy
- District PAC (DPAC) Representative – vacancy
Please contact the PAC at VLNPAC@outlook.com if you are interested in either of the current vacant roles.
PAC Bursaries – 2022-2023 Academic Year
The Parents Advisory Council (PAC) is pleased to support VLN graduating students who are pursuing post-secondary studies and are in financial need.
The PAC will award:
- Five bursaries of $1,500 each to full-time VLN students (4 or more VNL courses completed in the 2022-2023 academic year)
- Five bursaries of $500 each to part-time VLN students (2-3 VLN courses completed in the 2022-2023 academic year)
1. has enrolled in 2 or more VNL courses in the 2022-2023 academic year.
2. has completed the requirements for a high school Dogwood Diploma.
3. plans to attend a BC provincially authorized post-secondary institution in the Fall of 2023.
4. is in need of financial support to help cover the costs of their post-secondary education.
5. has fully completed the bursary application.
The deadline to apply is Friday, Sept 29, 2023 by 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time.
Students must apply online via this link.
Resources for parents: