David Thompson Student Community Funds
The David Thompson Student Community Funds are donated by two alumni with the purpose of supporting and enhancing both academic and extracurricular student activities. The ultimate goal is to build a stronger school community and inspire others to contribute. Students and teachers are encouraged to be creative in their proposals and help identify areas that may benefit from more funding. We saw a lot of amazing proposals over the last two years and funds were awarded for the following:
- A camping trip to Alice Lake for grade 10 to 12 students
- Board games for the Science Club
- Hokki stools for the Autism Resource Centre
- Stress balls for the school
- Snacks for the Community Service Team
- A camera for the Yearbook Committee
- Funds to support the Maker Club
- Vinyl printer for the DT graphics department
- Bluetooth speakers for the DT Reign City Dance Squad
- Lighting equipment for the DT Film Club
- Lanyards for the DT Community Service Team
- Conferences for the DT Go Girls Group (DT3G)
No proposal is too small or big, and nothing is too ordinary or far-fetched. Every idea is welcome and appreciated.
How to Apply
For the 2019/20 school year, the David Thompson Student Community Funds will provide $5000 to award winning proposals. Please use the form attached below to submit your proposal or alternatively, students and teachers may submit a proposal using their own format as long as it fits on one page (8 x 11 paper). A sample proposal is attached. Since you will be competing with other applicants, well written, detailed and creatively marketed proposals will have a better chance of winning. Finally, be ready to execute your proposal if you win! Winning proposals will also be expected to provide feedback and a short report to show how the funds were used.
Proposals will be due: Friday November 15th, 2019 at 12:00PM Noon
Please submit proposals to the office or directly to Ms. Lum.
Please direct any questions to Ms. Lum in person or via email at email@example.com
We look forward to your ideas! Good luck!