The Strategic Plan was developed in consultation with our partners
including students, families, staff and stakeholders. It sets out a
clear and shared vision for the future of public education in the
Vancouver School District.
We inspire student success by providing an innovative, caring and responsive learning environment.
We value strong relationships and open communication to promote the sharing of ideas and practice.
We encourage and support the use of creative and innovative practices.
We strive for excellence in everything we do.
We value and celebrate diversity by supporting the well-being of every individual, creating a sense of belonging.
We are open, honest and accountable.
Engage our learners through innovative teaching and learning practices.
- Provide increased opportunities to connect students to their learning.
- Enhance support for students with specific needs.
- Support the implementation of the curriculum.
- Enhance assessment and reporting strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Ensure Indigenous students achieve increased academic success in Vancouver schools and that they participate fully and successfully from kindergarten through the completion of Grade 12.
Build capacity in our community through strengthening collective leadership.
- Support professional networking opportunities and collaborative practices for our staff.
- Support professional development opportunities for staff in the implementation of the curriculum.
- Enhance and support opportunities for student voice.
- Enhance and support opportunities for parental engagement.
- Encourage and appreciate the contributions made by our students, families, employee groups and community partners.
Create a culture of care and shared social responsibility.
- Ensure school communities are safe spaces where racism and discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Encourage and enhance practices that support cultural, emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Support effective, thoughtful transitions for all students at each stage of their development.
- Increase Indigenous students’ sense of pride, self-esteem, belonging, place, acceptance and caring in their schools.
- Increase knowledge, awareness, appreciation of, and respect for Indigenous histories, traditions, cultures and contributions by all students through eliminating institutional, cultural and individual racism within the Vancouver school district learning communities.
- Respect and celebrate all forms of diversity.
- Support collaborative relationships with community partners that enhance student learning and well-being.
Provide effective leadership, governance and stewardship.
- Develop and implement a long term financial planning model.
- Implement the recommendations of the Long Range Facility Plan.
- Effectively utilize school district resources and facilities.
- Support effective communication, engagement and community partnerships.
- Advocate for public education.
- Implement the recommendations of the Sustainability Action Plan.
Find more information on the process behind our Strategic Plan.