Elementary Life Skills
The Elementary Life Skills Program is a small supportive class for students with significant intellectual disabilities and medical/personal needs. Each student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and works towards there own individual goals.
- communication skills
- basic reading, writing and math skills
- personal care
- social emotional and behavioural strategies
- Low Incidence designation
- medical and/or personal care needs may exist
- Intellectual Disability
Referrals must be submitted to the District Case Manager, Inclusion.
- completed “Request for Designation &/or Special Education Program Placement” form
- completed “Pre-Referral Intervention Strategies” (PRIS) form
- Psycho-Educational Assessment
- Speech and Language Assessment
- School Based Team minutes
- Report Cards
Students are reviewed on a yearly basis and if a change in placement is recommended, a transition plan created by program staff and the receiving school will be established.
Capacity and Staffing
Grade 4 to 7
SSA Support (level varies depending on student needs)