Services provided by a School Psychologist are designed to support students who are experiencing challenges or barriers to their learning.
- collaborating with teachers, parents and school personnel about learning, social emotional learning and positive behaviour strategies
- providing in-service regarding various psychological and educational issues
- identifying, assessing and interpreting learning challenges
- collaborating with other school staff to develop appropriate educational and behavioural strategies and programs for individual students
- liaising with families and teachers regarding issues related to learning
- liaising with outside agencies when appropriate
- report writing
The services of School Psychologist are accessed through School Based Team.