How to Make a Donation
Donor Recognition Information
The following is the VSB's policy for recognizing our donors.
Donor recognition is the practice of providing recognition to donors for their gifts through formal and informal, personal and public expressions of appreciation.
Donors have a right to receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for their gifts.
The purposes of this policy are:
- To acknowledge receipt of all gifts;
- To express gratitude for support;
- To cultivate awareness of the VSB’s fundraising programs, and goals
- To keep the VSB’s name and purpose in the minds of donors during, and between fundraising events;
- To recognize donors publicly;
- To inform donors of the opportunities for giving and to build the case for future gifts;
- To encourage prospects to become donors.
All individuals, corporations, service clubs, community organizations, and philanthropic foundations who make monetary gifts and/or gift in kind donations to VSB. Included will be donations to capital campaigns, gifts-in-kind, direct mail requests, memorials, tributes, endowments, special events, planned giving and unsolicited gifts.
The following are deemed as recognizable donations or gifts:
Gifts of Cash
Gifts-in-Kind: Acceptable donations will be valued at fair market value. Gifts-in-kind valued at $1000 or more will be recognized.
Other: This category includes sponsorships and partnerships that result in additional revenue for the VSB.
- Giving LevelRecognition
$1,000+ Thank you letter & tax receipt issued to donor. $5,000+ All of the above, mention in Level 2 category on webpage, plus personal contact and thank you from Business Development. $10,000+ All of the above plus mention in Level 3 category on webpage. $25,000+ All of the above, mention in Level 4 category on webpage, plus recognition on VSB Social owned channels (Twitter, Instagram etc.) $50,000+ All of the above, mention in Level 5 category on webpage plus news story on webpage outlining the contribution.