District Resource Teacher - Post-Secondary Transitions
The District Resource Teacher- (DRT) Secondary Transition is responsible for supporting Resource Teams and Special Education Program Teams working with students with Low Incidence designations (A-G and K) aged 16 to 19 years (Grade 10-12+) as they transition to all adult services.
- collaborate with school teams, community services, and parents to plan and facilitate transition goals and action plans
- assist in the development of school-based supports that foster and support transition to community-based support services
- maintain active connections and partnerships with community services and ministries that facilitate transition with joint planning
- case-manage all relevant Transition Programs
- further capacity building of evidence-based best practice transition processes in a variety of areas including person centered planning, self-determination, social and communication, post-secondary education and vocational training, employment, community inclusion, adaptive living and interpersonal skills
- completed Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- functional behaviour assessment (if available)
- positive behaviour plan (if available)
- psycho-educational assessment
Please contact the DRT - Secondary Transition directly.
To make arrangements for a professional development session at the school level, please contact DRT - Secondary Transition directly.