Gr. 10/11/12 Pre-Employment Program (PREP)
The Pre-Employment Program is designed for students who have not experienced success in the acquisition of academic skills in a mainstream classroom setting. Students participate in adapted or modified academic courses, electives and work-experience.
- supporting academics while developing career skills
- individual and small group instruction in academic courses (at the student’s level)
- work experience practicums at the grade 11 and 12 levels
- require adapted or modified course work
- motivated to complete a Grade 12 school completion and/or a Dogwood certificate
- commit to the career development nature of the program which includes work experience at the Grade 11 and 12 levels
- students may have a “Q” Designation or a “G” or “D” (if on a Dogwood track)
Pre-Employment Program referrals must be submitted to the District Case Manager, High Incidence.
- completed “Request for Designation &/or Special Education Program Placement” form
- completed “Pre-Referral Intervention Strategies” (PRIS) form
- Psycho-educational assessment and Speech and Language assessment (if available)
- current assessment of achievement levels (reading/writing/numeracy)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (previous 2 years)
- Report Card
- School Based Team minutes
Student placement is reviewed every spring with the goal of returning students to their home schools. A transition plan between the program staff and the receiving school is developed.
Capacity and Staffing
Grades 10 to 12
45 students (15 students at each grade level)