Grades 1-12 School Registration
NOTE: Students enrolling in Vancouver School District who are moving from grade 7 to Grade 8 in September do not need to complete this form. Registration will be facilitated by your child's current Vancouver Elementary School.
- Nov 1 - June (Second Friday) is the deadline for priority enrollment for Gr. 1-12 catchment registrants. Families are strongly encouraged to register prior to June (Second Friday).
- Feb 1 - February 28th is the period for Cross Boundary Application.
Where do I register?
If your child was born in Canada and speaks English, school applications are a 2 step process.
Step 2: Verifying Documentation
- During the summer (June - August), documentation is verified by appointment at the Newcomer Welcome Centre (1000 East 59th Ave).
- Bring supporting documentation to the Newcomer Welcome Centre (NWC) during your scheduled appointment.
Register online on the Newcomer Welcome Centre (NWC) website if your child is new to the VSB district and is
- born outside of Canada or
- born in Canada and do not speak English as their home language
What if I would like to attend a school in another catchment?
Applying to a district Program.
Applications to district programs have their own specific schedule. See links below to learn more.