Early French Immersion: K-7
The Vancouver School Board's Early French Immersion program accepts 5 and 6-year-olds at the beginning of their formal schooling. This program is intended for non-French speaking students who wish to develop a high-level of proficiency in both official languages.
The BC curriculum is instructed in French from kindergarten to the end of Grade 3. From Grades 4-7, 50 to 80% of the BC curriculum is taught in French.
Although the common point of entry to Early French Immersion is kindergarten, Grade 1 students may enter up to September 30th if space is available.
Early French Immersion Schools
- Hastings Community Elementary (K-7)
- Henry Hudson Elementary (4-7; No K, Gr 1 or Gr 2 enrolment in 2023)
- Ecole Jules Quesnel Elementary (K-7, French Immersion ONLY)
- Kerrisdale Elementary (K-7)
- Laura Secord Elementary (K-7, Early French Immersion K-7 and Late French Immersion 6-7)
- L'Ecole Bilingue Elementary (K-7, French Immersion ONLY)
- Lord Selkirk Elementary (K-7)
- Lord Tennyson Elementary (K-7 French Immersion ONLY)
- Sir James Douglas Elementary (Students go to Sir James Douglas Annex for K-3, Sir James Douglas Elementary for 4-7)
- Quilchena Elementary (K-7)
- Lord Strathcona Elementary (K-7)
- Trafalgar Elementary (K-7)
Parents can choose to apply to any of the 12 VSB elementary schools offering Kindergarten Early French Immersion for the 2022-2023 school year. Families can select up to a maximum of three location choices per student.