BC Lung Association
Vaping Related Resources:
- Talking with Your Teen About Vaping - A Health Canada information sheet designed to support parents speaking with their youth re vaping.
- Youth and Young Adult Vaping in Canada, ON Tobacco Research Unit - a 2018 study of 1049 youth and young adults across Canada to help understand what happens to young people, especially non-smokers, who start vaping. Sample findings:
- 4 in 5 regular vapers frequently vape nicotine, and over 50% perceive themselves to be addicted to vaping
- Regular vapers are more likely to use other substances in the past 30 days than non-regular or never vapers.
- E-Cigarettes Shaped Like USB Flash Drives - Information for parents, educators and health care providers: an easy-to-read color document on the basics of vaping produced by the US Centers for Disease Control.
- Talk with Your Teen About E-cigarettes: A Tip Sheet for Parents - a practical handout on having conversations with youth, parent role modelling, and suggestions for responding to sample questions that youth might raise. US Centers for Disease Control.
Health Canada- Vaping Health Advisory September 4, 2019
US Centres for Disease Control – Quick facts on e-cigarettes for young people
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids – What You Need to Know & How to Talk With Your Kids About Vaping
Quit Now – A free BC referral resource for anyone struggling with tobacco and nicotine addiction.
AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME:
Resources from the September 23, 2019 Vocal about Vaping Pro D session
Brandon Biln, VCH Tobacco Reduction team - Powerpoint presentation
Art Steinmann, Manager SACY, VSB - Powerpoint presentation
Alison Eller, Laura Neilsen, Public Health Nurses - Powerpoint presentation